Some friends on Facebook and on the blogosphere have been encouraging me to take part in the “25 things to write about yourself” tag. I decided, why not take a break from politics and world events and do this?
Okay…here I go!
1) I never like to stay in the same place for an extended period of time, such as a city, state, or country, I am always determined to travel 🙂
2) I played sports for the first ten years of my life before I realized I didn’t enjoy playing them.
3) LOST is my favorite TV show
4) John Locke is my favorite character in LOST…his faith and determination inspires me in life.
5) I am trying to learn both Arabic and Spanish at the same time, and I am thankful that I have friends who speak both languages so I can practice with them.
6) I voted for John McCain…it was my first presidential election to vote in.
7) Religion is complex for me..I consider myself a Christian, I would say, but I strongly embrace all faiths and I am always eager to learn more about the world’s many great religions.
8) I have been to Friday prayers at a San Francisco mosque twice now
9) Sometimes, I have a tendency to be oversensitive and I overreact to the simplest of all things
10) Spending more than two weeks without going into downtown San Francisco could very well drive me crazy, since I really enjoy the atmosphere
11) When I go to SF, I visit Pier 39 often, even though it is an extreme tourist attraction and there’s not much there for a native Californian.
12) I have lived in California for almost 4 years and I still have not gone over the Golden Gate Bridge! Although, I have crossed the Bay Bridge, which is almost the same size, dozens of times.
13) Last December, I stayed at a hotel on the California-Nevada border in Lake Tahoe and I ran back and forth across the border just for fun. I went about 50 yards each way. Of course, I went to dinner later on and got to spend plenty of time in the great state of Nevada.
14) My favorite singer is Bob Marley and I know many of his lyrics by heart
15) One time, I held a conversation in Farsi with an Iranian at Tehran University. It lasted for about a minute before my counterpart was able to put me through to an English language line. I had to use an online phrase list to help me through it 😉
16) I have visited both coasts of Ireland and spent a week and a half on each one
17) Even though I am non-Muslim, I have a framed picture of the holy city of Medina because I think it is a beautiful sight to look at. I also have a framed picture of Istanbul’s blue mosque.
18) I am probably one of the last people my age to start using facebook and myspace.
19) I am not quite sure what my favorite country is outside of the USA…I suppose I might just have to say ALL of them!
20) I am watching 3 White Cloud mountain minnows swimming in a mini fish tank on my desk as I write this.
21) Many people tell me that I need to develop self-confidence
22) One day, I imagine myself traveling the world and having a very exciting career as a global correspondent. I will travel to Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, and countless other amazing people that few Americans will get to see 🙂
23) I am extremely thankful to blogger because it has helped me meet some of the nicest friends there are.
24) Math was my most difficult subject in school…come to think of it, it was really a miracle that I was able to get enough credits in math!!
25) I keep having this strange feeling that President Barack Obama is going to make a very good decision that will make me vote for him in the next election…hmmm, we’ll see how that goes 😀
So…how did that go?